Sunday 5 September 2010

It's Happening!

Well dear readers, it's happening.  I'm pregnant!  I could get really precise and tell you that it happened about day 17, July 30th, and that the last date of my period was July 14th, but I want to bore you with the gory details.  The predicted due date is: April 19th, 2010.  The amazing thing about this pregnancy is that I feel WHAM! pregnant....tired, bloated, swollen and extremely ecstatic.  So the year of the tiger roars on.....new job, new house, and new baby.  Fascinating.

So my thyroid is completely out of whack which has got my family doctor and endocrinologist wringing their hands....the fertility clinic doubled my dose back in June and hey, I'm pregnant, but now the level is dangerously close to moving from hypothyroid (underactive) to hyperthyroid (overactive).  So we're experimenting with dosage a bit.  My new pharmacist in Fergus is really wondering what the heck is going on when I came in for the 3rd time this week with a new prescription.  I'm so special!

What feels good?  Aquafit.  Only at 7 weeks-ish pregnant, I'm already finding that my tankini is turning me into a muffin top.  So I went shopping!  Big mistake....Thyme Maternity, I spent $210 on 5 items.  So I posted for help, and a dear reader told me about Smitten where I bought 12 more items of maternity for just $140.  Much much better....ok they're gently used, but who cares!  I don't want to get bored with my maternity wear, and I am wearing a lot of hats these days.  A girl has to look her best at all times!

So Max, almost 6 now, knows about this impending sibling.  He has informed me that it's going to be a brother.  I showed him my belly this morning and said "Hey Max, do you want to say good morning to your baby brother or sister?"  And he said, "Can I see him?  Is he upstairs?"  So we'll have to work on explaining the whole 9 months thing with wee Max.  Also, I need to prepare him for how noisy new babies can be....if he was upstairs, we'd probably know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment