Tuesday 4 May 2010

A new follicle

Day 15 - today, I'm up at 5:30 a.m.  Again.  I need to be in Mississauga for  7 a.m. for another ultrasound and bloodwork and teaching by 8:30.  The clinic doctor has been tracking a little ovarian follicle for 2 days now....it's my beacon of shining hope right now. I am so so tired. 

On Friday night, I attended P's Passion Party.  Having never been to one of these before, it was eye-opening and I felt extremely normal suddenly.  Perhaps it was the bucket of margaritas, but I think it had more to do with the room full of strange, happy women talking about sex for 4 hours.  Anyway, Tim is going to be a very happy man.  I still live in hope that I can be light about this fertility process when/if the going gets tough.  I think anything that glows-in-the-dark and vibrates is good for a laugh!

 Yesterday was my coming out party at work.  My dear colleague L and I had been preparing a presentation for the staff on Learn360, the OERB and Wikispaces.  We had Oprah, pugs, music, and lots of intellectual stimulation.  We were, of course, phenomenal but the response was underwhelming.  Anyway, I think I've been talked off the ledge again, but it was disheartening to not have more enthusiasm and feedback given to the fun stuff we were showing.  I guess the proof will be in the pudding....if more teachers stop by the library with ideas for collaborating then I'll be happy again. 

It's probably because it's May but I feel like packing. Packing up school, packing up relationships, I feel like I need a vacation. It's a good thing we get our new house on the 21st. I'm dreaming about stone walls, new plants, veggie plots and also....blogging and wikispaces.  I'm a complex dude.

1 comment:

  1. chin up girl... things will work out.. Well done for being upbeat.. I know how hard it is. just wanted to let you know that I am cheer-leading from afar ;)

    ReplyDelete