Saturday 24 April 2010

The investigative cycle begins

And I know not everyone can say that!

I completely bizarre week where I was actually in my school 2 1/2 days this week.  Professional Activities were keeping me active mostly but I took Wednesday to have the first round of invesitgation done.  First they took 16 vials of blood....they said they don't have to do this every time, and I said "Good because I suddenly need a doughnut."  I had to drink a full litre of water before driving down to the clinic so I was pretty uncomfortable at this point.  Then they did an outie ultrasound with my full bladder, uncomfortable to say the least.  Then they did the innie ultrasound....as professional as this was, there's just no way to say what this feels like.  I left feeling like a cat who had been stroked backwards.  Now here comes the amazing part.  I waited all of 15 minutes for my results on the ultrasound and spoke to a doctor who says everything looks NORMAL!  Celebration time come on!  No calls about my bloodwork says that they're all normal too.

So far OHIP has covered everything.  This coming week I have to take Wednesday off again for a Saline Sonohysterogram....they're putting a saline solution into my uterus for a different kind of specialized ultrasound.  Then Thursday morning before school I have to get another ultrasound and some more bloodwork.  I will repeat this for the next week.  They're trying to figure out when I actually ovulate. 

On Friday, Tim is going to drive me down for 7:15 a.m. to Credit Valley hospital for the HSG - a dye test where they put a blue dye through my whole reproductive system to check for any blockages.  That sounds pretty yummy, doesn't it?  So by the end of this cycle they're going to have lots more information about what could be preventing us from conceiving.

Aren't you glad I'm not posting any pictures?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I tend to say "normal" is overrated, but in this case it's definitely worth celebrating. Meanwhile, I welcome you to the world of blogging about squirm-inducing medical procedures. We're gonna be so ready to be elderly in the digital age!

    ReplyDelete