Friday 23 April 2010

the Media curve



Dr. Lipton's Prezi on social media....possibly life-altering in its complexity and optimism.

I spent all of yesterday working with my dear partner M who is really my lab rat for evil ideas.  I dream it up and she makes it happen while I observe and dream it up and then she makes it happen again.  It's an excellent working relationship and I think I'm really benefiting from it.

This year we've had access to our document camera (affectionately known as ELMO) and a SmartBoard.  Since M rejected the SmartBoard as clunky and in-the-way-most-of-the-time, I have adopted it into the library.  One of my first big goals as T-L is to make the library more of a Learning Commons (Carol Koechlin (one of CK's books).   I think that means I'm going to be spending a lot more time online.

If you have the opportunity, you can read up on Dr. Lipton and Carol Koechlin.  Then you'll have an idea what's going on in the 1/3 of my brain devoted to work (another 1/3rd goes to food, and another 1/3 goes to procreation).  Now that I've been notified that my mother is reading my blog I'm attempting to clean up my language a bit.  I can't help it....the Watson part of me wants to be all biological, and the Webb side of me wants to swear like a trucker and have a beer. 

2 comments:

  1. Come on! I love the trucker side of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! I'm sorry I've removed some of my prezi's. I'll repost this one. Let me know if you'd like me to visit your school!
    /mark

    ReplyDelete